Enjoy a super smooth, cushioned ride with the LunarGlide 9 running shoe by Nike. This women's shoe features updated Lunarlon foam, articulated laser cuts on the outsole to dampen impact and lofted Flywire cables which wrap your foot.
- Shoe category: Stability
- Ideal use: Road running
- Lofted Flywire cables provide a plush, secure fit
- Lunarlon foam delivers lighter and softer cushioning than before
- Laser cuts in the outsole dampen impact
- One-piece upper has a jacquard construction to provide ventilation and support where you need it most
- Dual density Lunarlon foam midsole uses a soft injected Phylon (IP) core foam that is directly underfoot and a slightly firmer injected unit sole (IU) carrier foam to deliver a super plush ride
- Moulded pods offer multi-surface traction
- Pods deflect in at impact then spring back creating a piston effect that delivers responsive cushioning
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.