- Dri-FIT UV fabric to help keep you dry and comfortable while protecting against UV rays
- Flat-seam construction to minimize irritation caused by chafing
- Reflective loop at upper back to keep media-player cords out of the way
- Reflective strips for enhanced visibility in low-light conditions
- Provides UVA and UVB protection (UPF 40+) from the sun in the areas covered by the garment
- Rib crew neck with interior taping for comfort and durability
- Fabric: Dri-FIT UV 100% polyester
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.