- Storm-FIT 5 fabric repels wind, rain and snow to help you stay dry while letting sweat vapors escape to help you stay comfortable
- The Nike Vapor Windrunner delivers protection and warmth where it's needed most, including fold-over elastic at the cuffs and hand warmers
- The hood features a bungee cord and toggle for an adjustable fit and custom coverage
- Reflective elements enhance visibility in low-light conditions
- A back vent and pockets made of Dri-FIT mesh fabric add breathability for superior comfort
- Two side zip pockets and one back zip pocket to store small items
- Elastic neck taping for added protection from the elements
- Cord-management solution to keep media-player cords out of the way
- Fabric: Storm-FIT 100% polyester
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.