The Nike Air Zoom Vomero 12 Women's Running Shoe is a responsive running shoe that will keep you supported from start to finish. The comfort-fit collar provides cushioned ankle support, and a thick midsole sockliner gives extra comfort. Nike Zoom Air units located in the heel and forefoot and durable traction pattern give an excellent energy return and ensure a more comfortable run.
- Shoe category: Neutral
- Ideal use: Road running
- A comfort-fit collar provides cushioned ankle
- Thick midsole sockliner creates a supremely plush feel
- Nike Zoom Air units in the heel and forefoot
- A lighter, more durable traction pattern offers better energy return than previous versions
- 3/4-length internal bootie wraps the foot for a sock-like fit
- Dual-density midsole with a soft Lunar core and firmer Cushlon carrier provides a smooth transition
- Mesh upper helps keep your feet cool
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces for a secure fit
- Weight: 266 grams approx. (women's size 5.5)
- Offset: 10mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.