- Flat seams to minimize irritation caused by chaffing
- Cowl neck for warmth and style
- Thumbholes at cuffs for warmth and coverage
- Reflectivity for visibility in low light
- Fabric: Dri-FIT 59% polyester/41% wool
- Merino wool blend with Dri-FIT wicks sweat away to the fabricâ€™s surface, helping you stay dry and comfortable
- Designed specifically with runnersâ€™ needs in mind, the hood offers coverage and warmth without obscuring vision
- Snap closures on the button placket provide ventilation
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.