Like any elite runner preparing for their next race, Nike Zoom Elite 7 is determined to do one thing: be faster. Each feature is redesigned for speed, from the lowered offset and ultra-thin outsole to the lightweight midfoot and breathable upper. The top loaded Nike Zoom unit delivers smooth transitioning while the minimal 8mm offset keeps you low to the ground.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Approx. 232 grams
- Strategically placed no-sew overlays deliver seam-free comfort and support
- Single layer mesh nhances ventilation
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit, Notches at the tongue provide easy on and off
- Internal heel counter provides a secure rearfoot fit
- Heel foam height has been lowered from the previous model to help you run more naturally and efficiently
- Soft blown rubber across the forefoot for added cushioning and improved flexibility
- Hexagon-shaped outsole pattern provides multi-surface traction and durability
- Deep horizontal flex grooves are molded across the forefoot to encourage a natural, efficient range of motion.
- Rubber crash rail on the lateral outsole acts as a cushioning device at contact for a soft, smooth transition. The rubber is segmented to enhance flexibility.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.