The Nike women's Zoom Fly in lightside and darkside colours is durable enough for all your everyday training whilst helping you run faster than race day. Locking your foot in place with Flywire cables, the Zoom Fly combines a lightweight Lunarlon foam underfoot with a full-length carbon-infused nylon plate to push you forward so you can hit that PR.
- Shoe category: Stability
- Ideal use: Road running
- Lunarlon foam delivers lightweight, durable cushioning
- Full-length carbon-infused nylon plate optimises performance
- Flywire technology provides midfoot lock down
- Outsole design places optimal rubber on the road for efficiency and traction
- Traction pattern is informed by an algorithm to identify lug shapes and sizes that optimise propulsion
- Reinforced rubber heel for lasting durability
- Weight: 203g approx. (women's size 5.5)
- Last: MR-30
- Offset: 10 mm (23mm/33mm)
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.