The quickest, most responsive Pegasus yet, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31 Women's Running Shoe improves upon its legendary tradition with updated Nike Zoom Air cushioning, a lightweight yet supportive mesh upper and a lowered offset groomed for speed. The midfoot saddle is composed from mesh and also has no-sew overlays which increase the level of ventilation. The internal heal counter wraps the foot and provides a more snug and secure fit. The reflective material under the saddle remains visible in low-light conditions. The Nike Zoom unit in the heel provides low-level, responsive cushioning for the wearer. It is top loaded to bring the unit closer to the foot for even more cushioning.The rubber is in segments to increase flexibility while running, also allowing the foot to move in a more natural range of motion.
- Mesh Upper: Provides ventilation and support
- Midfoot Saddle: Designed to provide a more secure fit
- No-Sew Overlays: Reduce the risk of friction and skin irritation
- Reflective: Increases visibility in low-light conditions
- Fitsole Sockliner: Follows the shape of the foot for the ultimate comfort and support
- Zoom Unit: Provides low-level, responsive cushioning
- Premium Cushion Foam: Provides soft and springy cushioning
- Waffle Outsole: Increases durability and traction
- Cross Rocker: Placed in the forefoot promotes natural movements
- Deep Flex Grooves: Create a smooth and seamless transition
- Ideal Use: Road Running
- Weight: 244g
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....