The Nike Women's Zoom Structure +16 Running Shoe provides the support and stability overpronators need, without sacrificing cushioning or a smooth ride. An updated, more substantial medial post and other features help reduce overpronation while maintaining a smooth transition through footstrike.
- Mesh upper for breathability with strategic overlays for support
- Stability features to help reduce excessive pronation while maintaining a smooth stride
- Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning
- Nike Zoom units in the heel and forefoot for low-profile, responsive cushioning
- Asymmetrical Flywire midfoot and heel panels for ultra-strong, lightweight support
- Outsole flex grooves for enhanced flexibility and a smooth stride
- Environmentally preferred rubber outsole in a Waffle pattern for durability and traction
- BRS 1000 in the heel for durability
- Reflectivity on the heel and toe-tip for enhanced visibility in low-light conditions
- Deep anatomical flex grooves for a smooth ride
- Nike+ Enabled
- Weight: Approx. 280g
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.