Power through the dark, wet months with Nike Air Zoom Structure 19 Flash Women's Running Shoe. It's the same stable ride you love with some cold-weather enhancements like allover color reflectivity and water repellency.
- Shoe Category: Stability
- Ideal Use: Road Running
- 3-layer mesh helps repel water to keep the foot dry
- Allover colour reflectivity enhances visibility in low light
- 3 densities of midsole foam help slow the rate of pronation
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces for midfoot lockdown
- Zoom Air unit in the forefoot delivers responsive cushioning
- Rubber crash rail on the lateral outsole promotes a smooth transition
- Nike Zoom:
- Nike Zoom cushioning is incredibly thin, it brings the foot closer to the ground and enhances stability, especially during quick cuts and multi-directional movements. After impact, the tightly stretched fibers inside the pressurized air unit quickly bounce back into shape, providing a super-responsive feel and improved awareness of the surface youâ€™re running on.
- Responsive Cushioning:
- A Nike Zoom Air unit under the heel delivers low-profile, highly responsive cushioning. It's updated to bring the unit closer to your foot for enhanced cushioning from the first mile to the last.
- Nike Flash:
- Highly reflective exteriors deliver unparalleled visibility while a water-resistant upper keeps you dry.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.