The Nike Womenâ€™s Zoom Wildhorse GTX is high performing and durable. The upper is mesh and lightweight with a Gore-Tex membrane; this gives it breathability, comfort and waterproof protection in wetter conditions. With the Dynamic Fit technology it is designed to give comfort and support that is suited to you.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Approx.220 grams
- Mesh upper with Gore-Tex Â® membrane for breathability, comfort and waterproof protection in wet conditions
- Dynamic Fit technology for adaptive comfort and support
- Compression molded Phylon and Cushlon midsole for dual-density cushioning and a responsive ride
- Nike Zoom unit for low-profile, responsive cushioning
- Rubber Waffle outsole for durability and multisurface traction
- Reflective elements for enhanced visibility in low light
- Anatomical heel is rounded for a more natural range of motion
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit
- Moulded sockliner enhances underfoot support
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.