With a thin mesh upper and a Zoom Air unit in the forefoot, Men's Nike Air Zoom Elite 9 Running Shoe delivers the ultimate in lightweight response for a smooth ride no matter what your training schedule demands.
- Shoe category: race and lightweight
- Ideal use: fast track, trail and road races or recovery runs
- Forefoot Zoom Air unit delivers highly responsive cushioning.
- Seamless mesh upper with Flywire cables provides comfortable support.
- Ultra-thin outsole keeps weight low and traction high.
- Flywire technology wraps the midfoot and arch for a dynamic, glove-like fit. It runs through the lace loops to help reduce pressure on the top ridge of the foot.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit. Notches at the tongue provide easy on and off.
- Asymmetrical lacing is offset to the medial side of the foot to help relieve lace pressure.
- Cushlon ST midsole foam for lightweight, responsive cushioning.
- Soft blown rubber across the forefoot offers added cushioning and improved flexibility.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....