Combine a classic running shoe look with responsive cushioning and a locked-down fit, and you get the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 women's running shoe. A smooth, snappy ride every time is assured by a finely tuned outsole with impact absorbing cuts within the crash rail. A locked-down fit helps you stay speedy and comfortable during every-day, chilled runs or high-impact races.
- Shoe Category: Neutral
- Ideal Use: Road running
- Zoom Air technology in the heel and forefoot delivers responsive cushioning
- Breathable, engineered mesh upper with flywire provides secure comfort
- Stabilizing channel on the outsole helps smooth out your footstrike for a stable ride
- Soft cushion midsole for cushioning and support
- Lasting wear provided by a no-sew toe overlay
- Flex grooves allow natural range of motion
- Waffle pistons on the outsole give multi-surface traction
- Weight: Approx. 308g
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....