The Polar RC3 GPS is the first device made by the company which includes the GPS technology as part of the unit. The very light (58g) heart rate training tool is water resistant and fully customisable to the user's needs for any land based activity. Some of the new features include what they term 'Smart Coaching', which is heart rate-based training guidance and feedback. These include "Running Index", which Polar say is a measure of running efficiency, and "Training Load", which measures your training intensity and when you will be sufficiently recovered to train again. The latter is an interesting concept and one that can be tested alongside real life coaching.
- Tracks your route, speed and distance using built-in GPS
- Integrated GPS features: back to start, distance (training, lap and total), route mapping with polarpersonaltrainer.com web service, running index and speed/pace (current, average, maximum)
- Slim and lightweight design with rechargeable battery
- Training Benefit gives you instant feedback after your session â€“ Motivating feedback thatâ€™s delivered straight to you immediately after exercise is something we can all benefit from. So if you want to know the effect of different training sessions, this feature will tell you exactly what you need to know. You get a quick overview after each session, and for more detailed feedback, you can either check your training file or you can get further in-depth analysis at polarpersonaltrainer.com.
- Running Index scores your performance â€“ If youâ€™re looking to keep on top of your running performance youâ€™ll find this feature a big help. Regular use over time allows you to see how efficient your running is. Your Running Index score is calculated automatically after every run, based on your heart rate and from the speed data collected from your GPS or stride sensor. A higher reading indicates that you can run faster with less effort
- Polar Fitness Test â€“ If youâ€™re looking to improve your fitness and want to keep up to date with how well youâ€™re doing, the smart Fitness Test will tell you exactly what you need to know in just five minutes. By regularly comparing your test results, you can see what progress you are making and how your fitness is improving
- Calorie Count â€“ Polar OwnCal is the most accurate calorie counter on the market. It calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on your weight, height, age, gender, your individual maximum heart rate (HRmax) and how hard youâ€™re training
- â€¢ Training Load â€“ Training Load helps you to find the perfect balance between rest and training. Find out your training load status at polarpersonaltrainer.com. It shows you at a glance your cumulative training load for every day, advising if and when rest days are needed and when itâ€™s best to train harder in order to maintain your performance improvement. â€¢ Allows you to share your training with your friends on polarpersonaltrainer.com
- Battery life
- 12h in continuous use with GPS on
- Water resistant
- Productcode: M5110040