The Polar RC3 GPS includes GPS technology as part of the unit to help you track your distance and workouts. The very light (58g) heart rate training tool is water resistant and fully customisable to the user's needs for any land based activity. Some of the new features include what they term 'Smart Coaching', which is heart rate-based training guidance and feedback. These include "Running Index", which Polar say is a measure of running efficiency, and "Training Load", which measures your training intensity and when you will be sufficiently recovered to train again. The latter is an interesting concept and one that can be tested alongside real life coaching.
- Tracks your route, speed and distance using built-in GPS.
- Integrated GPS features: back to start, distance (training, lap and total), route mapping with polarpersonaltrainer.com web service, running index and speed/pace (current, average, maximum).
- Slim and lightweight design with rechargeable battery.
- Training Benefit gives you instant feedback after your session. Motivating feedback delivered straight to you immediately after exercise is something we can all benefit from, so if you want to know the effect of different training sessions, this feature will tell you exactly what you need to know. You get a quick overview after each session, and for more detailed feedback, you can either check your training file or you can get further in-depth analysis at polarpersonaltrainer.com.
- Running Index scores your performance. If you're looking to keep on top of your running performance you'll find this feature a big help. Regular use over time allows you to see how efficient your