The new Polar RCX5 RUN comes with S3+ stride sensor, RCX5 training computer, Wearlink®+ hybrid transmitter, DataLink data transfer unit and the following are some of its running specific features:
- Speed/pace and distance Speed (km/h or mi/h) is measured with GPS, footpod, stride sensor or cycling speed sensor. Pace (expressed as min/km or min/mile) stands for the rate of speed. Pace is usually used in running. By setting a target pace, you can follow how fast you need to run in order to reach a certain distance in a predefined time.
- Cadence - Running cadence measures how many times your either right or left foot hits the ground in one minute. Running cadence is measured as steps per minute. With this feature you can sharpen your cadence and make your ground contact time shorter. This will help you to find a balance between leg power and leg speed.
- Stride length - Stride length is the average length of one step, that is, the distance between your right and left foot contacting the ground. Runners adjust stride length to gather speed: stride length increases as speed increases. Yet one of the most common mistakes novice runners make is over-striding. The most efficient stride length is the natural one - the one that feels most comfortable.
- Running Index - Running Index is based on heart rate and speed data measured during the run. It gives daily information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy. Improvement in running efficiency indicates improved economy of running performance.
- Race Pace helps you control your speed to reach your target
- ZoneOptimizer automatically adjusts your heart rate zones
- Sport profiles guarantee swift switch between different sports
- Endurance training programmes from polarpersonaltrainer.com
- Gives heart rate even in water
- Battery life
- 8-11 months (1hr/day 7 days/week exercise)
- Battery type
- Water resistant: