Built for those dedicated runners who run whatever the weather, the Ronhill Trail Tempest is a super-lightweight waterproof running jacket packed with great features to enhance your runs and outdoor training sessions. With a back vent for increased air flow and an adjustable integrated mountain spec hood for added weather protection, the Ronhill Trail Tempest leaves you with no excuses to not go out and run.
- Aqualite fabric
- Mountain marathon event regulation spec
- Just 250 grms
- 2.5 layer hydrophilic coating
- Waterproof to a minimum 10,000mm hydrostatic head
- Breathable: minimum 15,000 g/m2/24hours (mVtr)
- Fully waterproof with taped seams
- Adjustable integrated mountain spec hood
- 2 chest pockets â€“ 1 for map & keys, 1 for â€˜Pack-itâ€™ system
- Adjustable cuffs and hems
- YKK Aquaguard multi-colour vizlon water resistant front zip
- Back vent for increased air flow
Ronhill are named after Dr Ron Hill MBE - Accrington lad, scientist, world record breaker and runner. But not just any runner; Ron was a serious runner. And when you’re clocking the kind of mileage he was (in excess of 100 miles a week) you start to notice where your gear is letting you down - and for Ron it was clothing.
In the 1960s there was nothing. Just cotton shorts that weighed a tonne when wet. No waterproofs, no lightweight shoes, no vents. So Ron took matter into his own hands and founded Ronhill. Drawing on years of experience, Ron pioneered simple but revolutionary new innovations in sports apparel – like the shorts with a side split and the development of new, moisture wicking textiles. Today’s industry standards in performance apparel were Ronhill world firsts. And that’s why they’re more than just a sports fashion brand; they’re a running institution.