This new lighter weight 2.5 layer waterproof running jacket takes the best features of the Old Tempest Jacket, such as the superlight, waterproof and breathable fabric, and creates a unique, minimalist look. As an added bonus, the price has also been reduced since last season. Despite identical test results, the Torrent fabric will feel more comfortable as the face fabric is a superlight 15 dernier as opposed to a heavier 50 dernier.
- Aqualite fabric
- 2.5 layer hydrophilic laminate - fully waterproof with taped seams (Carbon 6)
- Adjustable integrated technical hood
- Single chest pocket ideal for gels & valuables (includes key clip)
- Ergonomically shaped cuffs
- Adjustable hem
- YKK Aquaguard multi-colour water resistant front zip
- Lock down zip and chin guard
- Reflective graphics
- Pack-it system self packable into front chest pocket
- 100% Polyacrylamide
Ronhill are named after Dr Ron Hill MBE - Accrington lad, scientist, world record breaker and runner. But not just any runner; Ron was a serious runner. And when you’re clocking the kind of mileage he was (in excess of 100 miles a week) you start to notice where your gear is letting you down - and for Ron it was clothing.
In the 1960s there was nothing. Just cotton shorts that weighed a tonne when wet. No waterproofs, no lightweight shoes, no vents. So Ron took matter into his own hands and founded Ronhill. Drawing on years of experience, Ron pioneered simple but revolutionary new innovations in sports apparel – like the shorts with a side split and the development of new, moisture wicking textiles. Today’s industry standards in performance apparel were Ronhill world firsts. And that’s why they’re more than just a sports fashion brand; they’re a running institution.