This easy to use, Plantar Fasciitis Sock is designed to keep tension on the tissue (plantar fascia) so it heals in a stretched position at night. In this way many users find a reduction of their morning pain, some have noticed a reduced recovery time and yet others have reduced the need for medications. When worn as prescribed, it does not allow the plantar fascia to contract while in the prone or supine position. The device holds the ankle and forefoot joints in a position of slight dorsiflexion that prevents a position of plantarflexion, that is the plantar fascia is not allowed to contract.In addition the involuntary stretching of the plantar fascia over a long period of time helps to strengthen the footâ€™s arch. The device consists of a tubular knit material that fits â€œover the calfâ€� with 2 attached adjustable straps to maintain the foot in a neutral to slightly stretched position. When worn at night the device will apply a force which results in the reduction and/or elimination of the pain felt during those first steps in the morning.
- Easy to use
- Does not lock the ankle joint into any one position thus allowing some movement between the various joints preventing possible joint compression pain
- Can be safely worn for several hours without adverse effect when applied properly
- Can be worn to bed, provides no significant restrictions and will not interrupt normal sleep if worn as directed
- Provides low cost relief of heel spur symptoms
- Reduces/eliminates the pain experienced with the first morning steps
- It can, over a period of time, strengthen the arch of the foot
- Can supplement and not interfere with the various traditional doctorâ€™s treatment
You may also like....