It took 4 years of Research & Development to develop VEJA’s first ecological running shoe: The Condor.
Mixing various new technologies, the shape is inspired by the South American bird bone structure of the Condor, with biomimetic design, flexibility and lightness that is efficient for running.
The Condor is the perfect balancebetween organic materials and running optimization. Today, the Condor is 53% natural-based and recycled, which is VEJA’s first step into the running world.
They are made in Brazil in a factory that respects workers’ rights.
- Gait Type: Neutral
- Ideal Use: Road Running
- Weight: 315 g / 11,1 oz (SIZE 42)
- 53% natural-based and recycled
- Drop: 10 mm
- Heel Height: 27mm
- Forefoot Height: 17mm
- Upper: Alveomesh (100% recycled plastic bottles)
- Panels: T.P.U.
- Heel support insert: Pebax RNew (100% ricinus oil)
- V: Pebax RNew (100% ricinus oil)
- Outsole: 30% wild rubber from Amazonia, 31% rice waste, 39% synthetic rubber
- Midsole: 45% natural-based (8% banana oil, 22% sugar cane,15% rice waste) & 55% regular E.V.A.
- Insole: 8% recycled E.V.A., 12% wild rubber from Amazonia, 12% recycled plastic bottles, 12% jute & 56% regular E.V.A.
- Lining: 33% organic cotton, 67% recycled plastic bottles
- Laces & loops: 100% polyester
- L-Foam: Sustainable expanded latex cushion (50% natural latex, 50% synthethic latex)