Covid-19 Latest Updates and Information
We’re pleased to announce our stores are now open.
You can now order online and pick-up in-store using Click and Collect.
We want you to feel safe in our stores and prepared for your next adventure. That’s why we have an optional appointment booing system, so you can speak to one of our experts for personalised advice, kit recommendations and in-store services.
Our online orders and deliveries
- Can I still order online?
- Yes, we are still operating as normal. We might experience some delays in getting your orders out, but we are endeavouring to deliver on time.
- We are following the advice of Government agencies, including Public Health England, and current Government requests.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please continue to check here for the latest information or use our live chat service to raise direct questions.
- Can I still receive orders via carriers?
- Yes. Public Health England (PHE) has advised that people receiving parcels are not at risk of contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19). It is understood that these types of viruses don’t survive long on objects such as letters or parcels. This complements the guidance from PHE for people to wash their hands more often than usual using soap and hot water.
- Our carriers have adopted safe delivery practices which lessens the contact with the drivers. Where you can, please indicate a safe place for parcel drop-offs. See our guidelines for deliveries.
- Should I be concerned about handling a package?
- Public Health England have stated that there is no current evidence to suggest that the virus can be transmitted from packages. Please ensure you follow government guidelines on safe handling.
- What if I’m self-isolating or I do not wish to come in contact with a delivery driver?
- The drivers are not approaching customers, they are respecting safe handling procedures. If there is not a safe place that has been designated, they will attempt to deliver the package by notifying the customer there is a package to receive, standing back 2 meters from package, letting the customer collect the package, and signing the delivery acceptance on behalf of the customer.
- Customers do not have to receive the parcels directly from the courier or even have to sign for the parcel. The driver will ask for the name of the person accepting the shipment and will sign on their behalf.
- Using a safe place for a package to be left is an option if you do want to avoid contact with a driver.
- If a delivery is attempted and you do not respond, a card will be left to arrange a new method of delivery.
- Are deliveries running on time?
- The safety of our colleagues is our top priority, so we have implemented social distancing safety measures in our warehouse. Whilst we are working around the clock to get your delivery to you, you may experience some delays. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- If I’m self-isolating, how do I return a product?
- Our returns period is 100 days for all Explore More members, for non Explore More members you have 30 days to return items to us
- If in doubt, contact our customer service team so they can log notes on your account if you are experiencing difficulties in returning items within the time frame
- By using direct chat or email, our customer service teams are able to assist you better.
Our employees and safe ways of working
- Warehouse and customer service staff
- We have introduced safe ways of working that include all staff and contractors in our warehouse environment to minimise risk.
- Our Head Office teams are working from home with experts on hand to help customers enjoy the outdoors in a sustainable and safe way.
- Where possible we are minimising physical contact, increasing hygiene measures and enhancing daily cleaning routines.
- We are constantly improving safe ways of working in accordance with government and Public Heath England advice and legislation.