SIMPLE TIPS TO PREVENT RUNNING INJURIES
Running gives you the freedom to take part anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. Neverthless injuries are bound to arise so it's vital to be aware, train proficiently and stay ahead.
We caught up with Andy Hobdell, an ON Coach, who shared his tips to prevent even the simplest of running injuries which is key to staying ahead and motivated.
1. Wear the correct type of running shoes based on your foot type and running style
2. Talk with a running expert or coach to analyse your training program
3. Prepare to run
5. Ease down / Warm down
6. Gradually increase your mileage
7. Include strength training
8. Improve and maintain your flexibility
9. Regular massage or physio
10. Stay hydrated and eat a well-balanced diet