Created for daily training and competition, GU Energy Gel packs energy-dense calories in a portable packet to help sustain energy demands of any duration or activity. The 100-calorie packet contains carbohydrates (maltodextrin and fructose) that use non-competing pathways to help maximize carbohydrate absorption and utilization while diminishing stomach distress. Sodium, the primary electrolyte lost in sweat, aids in hydration by maintaining water balance. The branched-chain amino acids (leucine, valine, isoleucine) may reduce mental fatigue and decrease muscle damage.
- Electrolytes maintain water balance and aid in optimum hydration
- Carbohydrates deliver ready-to-use energy and delay bonking by sparing glycogen
- Amino acids reduce mental fatigue and decrease muscle damage
- Caffeine enhances performance by increasing focus and concentration and decreasing perceived effort during exercise
- Consume one packet 5 minutes before, and one packet every 45 minutes during activity
- Wash down with your favorite GU Hydration Drink or water for optimum absorption