Gore-TEX Fabric Care Guide
GORE-TEX garments are built to last but routine care will ensure their excellent on-going performance and extend their life.
In this guide we run through what is GORE-TEX® and how best to maintain your GORE-TEX® fabrics so they’re ready to go when you are.
Before laundering your garment, zip the front closure, pockets and pit zips completely, and fasten all flaps and straps.
- Machine was on a warm cycle up to 40°C
- Use a small amount of liquid detergent s
- Do not use powder detergents or any products that contain fabric softeners, conditions or stain removers. These will affect your garment’s performance
- Do not use bleach
- Rinse twice on a low spin cycle to reduce creasing
- Do not wash with heavily soiled clothing
- Do not dry clean
Drying GORE-TEX Garments
DWR is not permanent. Regular wear and tear, exposure to dirt, detergents, insect repellent and other impurities can shorten its lifespan.
If you can no longer reactivate the factory applied treatment apply a new water-repellent treatment to the outer fabric.